Job Description - Field Coordinator in Dedoplistskaro
Employer: Biological Farming Association Elkana www.elkana.org.ge
Project: ENPARD and HEKS/EPER – Promoting Citizen Engagement for Economic Development (PROCEED)
Position: Field Coordinator, full time
Duty Station: Dedoplistskaro, full time
Period: 01 November 2016 – 31 October 2020 (3-month probation period)
ENPARD programme has contributed to the efficiency of institutions involved in agriculture, the cooperation amongst small farmers, the diversification of economic activities and improvement of employment and living conditions in the rural areas. Also, Local Action Groups (LAG) have been piloted in Lagodekhi, Borjomi and Kazbegi municipalities. Present project responds to the Call for Proposals under ENPARD2, which is expected to run from 2016 to 2020, and aims to promote new rural development measures in other territorial regions of Georgia. The action will contribute directly to the priorities of the ENPARD2 programme as it intends to encourage diversification of the local economy, improve the environment and countryside, and improve the competitiveness of the region in the agricultural sector and the quality of life of its citizens.
The overall objective of the action is to contribute to the reduction of poverty in the Dedoplistskaro Municipality of the Kakheti region in Eastern Georgia. The overall objective will be achieved by the action through facilitation of community members participation in local public decision making structures and creating environment for improved employment opportunities for locals.
The project interventions are planned to accomplish the following:
- Farmers, businesses and community members experience an increase in income due to diversified economic activities
- Farmers and businesses have improved their competiveness in agriculture
- Community members experience improved access to basic services
- Protection and sustainable management of natural resources is promoted.
The main tasks of the Project Coordinator will consist of ensuring on site coordination of Elkana activities during the project implementation, working closely with HEKS/EPER and the project staff, local and international experts as foreseen in the project document. He/she is responsible for ELKANA field-level activities in the municipality, including regular field monitoring, communication with beneficiaries, identification of capacity building needs, reporting to HEKS/EPER Team Leader and Elkana. He/she will be involved organization of meetings, workshops and conferences, as well as making all the necessary arrangements for site visits. More specifically, the Project Coordinator would undertake the following responsibilities:
· Ensure proper management of the project
· Work closely with HEKS/EPER project team in Dedoplistskaro
· Assist HEKS/EPER project staff in on- going project activities, such as organization/leading workshops and farmer meetings, organizing meetings with governmental authorities and stakeholders
· Working directly with farmers and farmer groups targeted by the project – providing information about the project activities, facilitating access to technical knowledge, consulting within his/her competencies
· Organizing meetings, seminars, trainings and project related activities
· Facilitate experience sharing and promotion of best practices among farmers
· Maintaining effective contacts with the project stakeholders
· Identify issues and risks related to the project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments
· Ensure coordination among project partners at the field level
· Ensure coordination between Field and Tbilisi offices
· Performing administrative duties related to the project
· Provide verbal or written presentations on the project as requested by project manager
· Represent Elkana at meetings, workshops, and other events as requested
· Carry out monitoring and evaluation according to plan, carryout assessments as necessary
· Work in a positive, energetic, team motivated atmosphere
· Document activities in a clear and concise manner, draft reports as necessary, etc.
· Write progress reports (monthly and quarterly)
· 5 years of relevant work experience in agriculture, rural development or related field
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
· Higher education
· Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Fluency in English required (writing and speaking abilities)
· Driving licence and ability to drive in difficult road conditions
Apply by submitting your CV with photo and supporting documents to:
email@example.com by October 21, 2016.
Please include in the subject line the position title – ‘Field
Coordinator in Dedoplistskaro’.
No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.